Qatar Gas intends to develop production of North field and awarded the “NORTH FIELD PRODUCTION SUSTAINABILITY (NFPS) PROJECT INVESTMENT 1 PROJECT 1” EPC Contract to M/s McDermott. In project scope, Installation of 8” Deluge Skid on Riser platform RP1N is given to M/s Tyco Qatar Fire and Security. Our Scope is to perform the Piping design and stability analysis of the 8” deluge skid.
- Review of P&ID and Preliminary GA drawing
- Review of Tie-in Schedule and Material Specifications
- Review of Piping material specification and Structural material specification
- Definition of weight for all parts inside the deluge skid
- Preparation of input requirement sheet to collect connecting pipe nozzle loads
- Review and collection of data from connecting pipe isometrics up to first Anchor point
- Pipe modelling, inside the Skid as per provided preliminary Skid GA drawing in Software
- Definition of fluid and material properties as per project specification
- Definition of External load conditions (Wind load, Seismic parameters) as per project design specification and API RP 2A Ed 22& API RP 2EQ, Ed 1.
- Definition of Support type and support details
- Performing the Stress analysis for Various load conditions as per project design specification and Stress analysis basis.
- Validation of pipe load values in all support locations and node points.
- Validation of deflection and Pipe stress values within allowable limit.
- Finalizing the first anchor point outside of Skid and inside skid, based on the connecting nozzle loads.
- If stress and deflection limits are exceeded, the analysis will be re-performed for suitable Pipe Support and routing arrangements.
- If all stress and load values are within the limit, the Stress summary, Restraint summary with Input Echo are extracted and submitted to client.
- The necessary changes in GA drawing with respect to piping and Pipe support arrangements will be updated.
- Piping loads and other components load values are provided to Structural team to check integrity of Structural arrangements.
- Preparation of complete report with Results summary and Software results for Stress analysis for Deluge skids.
- Submission of GA drawing based on the study recommendations.
- Detailed Piping Stress Analysis Report
- Skid Piping GA drawing