Qatar Petroleum has awarded the EPC contract for upgrading and replacement of Fire protection system at Berth 6 in Mesaieed port.Berth 6 facilities including fire protection systems were constructed to cater import and export operations of bulk raw and refined hydrocarbon products such as Gasoline, Jet Fuel, Gas Oil and Decant Oil. As such, reliable operability of the Fire Protection System is provided in a state of continuous readiness to ensure adequate fire protection on continuous basis.
The berth 6 was commissioned by QP Refinery in 1988 to serve importing & exporting of finished Petroleum products. The loading/unloading area comprises of 5 ship loading/unloading arms with pipelines from berth to refinery. The berth facility includes Operations control room, Pig launching/receiving areas, substations, and Fire protection facilities.
As a result of an extended period of service and various mechanical defects due to ageing and severe corrosive environment, the fire protection system reliability has been significantly degraded leading to frequent breakdown of various critical components of the system for prolonged periods.
QP thereby intends to upgrade and replace the existing fire protection system with the latest compliant system and ensure business continuity. Our Scope includes a Detailed Engineering Design for Foam Proportioning System.
Scope of Work for Design and Engineering:
- Design Verification of Foam Proportioning System
- Foam Proportioning Skid Structural analysis
- Hydraulic Calculation for Foam Proportioning System
- Piping Stress Analysis for Foam Proportioning System
- Piping GA for Foam Proportioning System
- Isometric Drawing for Foam Proportioning System
- Painting & Coating Procedure
- Material Take off
- Review of P&ID, Preliminary GA drawing and other FEED documents
- Design Verification report submission
- Validation of Hydraulic Study report for design conditions
- Review of Tie-in Schedule and Material Specifications
- Review of Piping material specification and Structural material specification
- Review of Foam tank, pipe and fittings material properties from approved vendor
- Preparation of input requirement sheet to collect connecting pipe nozzle loads
- Preparation of detailed Piping general arrangement drawing for Foam Proportioning System
- Clash checking with other Process, Utility and Fire network piping arrangements
- Pipe modelling as per provided preliminary GA drawing in Software
- Definition of fluid and material properties as per project specification
- Definition of External load conditions (Wind load, Wave load and Seismic parameters) as per project design specification
- Definition of Support type and support details
- Definition of Instrument and Other component loads which acting on the piping network
- Performing the Stress analysis for Various load conditions (Thermal load, Sustained Load, Occasional Load and Transportation load) as per project design specification and Stress analysis basis.
- Validation of pipe load values in all support locations and node points
- Validation of deflection and Pipe stress values within allowable limit
- Finalizing the first anchor point, based on the connecting nozzle loads inside and outside of the Skid
- If stress and deflection limits are exceeded, the analysis will be re-performed for suitable Pipe Support and routing arrangements
- If all stress and load values are within the limit, the Stress summary, Restraint summary with Input Echo are extracted and submitted to client
- Update the necessary changes in GA drawing with respect to piping and Pipe support arrangements
- Preparation of Isometric drawing for approved Piping GA drawing
- Piping loads and other components load values (Empty, Operating and Test) are collected from other teams to check integrity of Structural arrangements
- Modelling of Structural members as per provided GA drawing in Software.
- Definition of new and existing Piping loads (Axial, Vertical & Friction loads) in all support locations.
- Definition of other components load on the specified structural locations.
- Definition of External load conditions (Wind load, Seismic parameters) as per project design specification.
- Performing structural analysis and check the results for deflection, torsion and other induced stress values.
- Based on the results, additional recommendation to stabilize the structural arrangement for its design life performance. (i.e., Member modification, Wear plate and additional bracing, etc.)
- Performing Lifting lug calculation and analysis
- Determining Shackle and lifting philosophy
- Performing Anchor bolt design and analysis
- Preparation of complete report with Results summary and Software results for Stress and Structural analysis
- Providing the details of Piping Support and other details to Civil Engineering discipline
- Preparation of Painting and Coating procedure as per QP Specification
- Preparation of Detailed MTO and Item Specifications
- Hydraulic Study Report
- Detailed Piping Stress Analysis Report
- Piping General Arrangement Drawing
- Piping Isometric Drawing
- Nozzle load Summary
- Painting and Coating Specifications
- Detailed Structural Design Calculation Report
- Bulk MTO